Random header image... Refresh for more!
Feb-28-2012

Cool video: Flying over the bison in Golden Gate Park and the Legion of Honor

Robert Mcintosh visited San Francisco several months ago but rather than take standard pics during his visit, he strapped a GoPro HD camera to a remote controlled helicopter. The result is some fun aerial footage as he buzzes over local landmarks including the bison in Golden Gate Park and the Legion of Honor. For a moment, you’ll know how a pigeon or seagull sees the city…

Sarah B.

[via SFist]

Bookmark and Share

4:35 pm | Posted under Video | 15 comments
  1. Bob said:

Wicked cool!

2. ER said:

Wow! Great video!

3. Derek said:

Yeah, like Bob said, COOL!!!

4. David said:

That was amazing!

But really, the only thing pigeons and seagulls see in this town is my car. :)

5. Paul said:

Please don’t scare the Buffalo!

6. Roger said:

Overall cool video, but the buffalo shoot was bad judgement. Those helicopters can be loud and he could have been easily cited for harassing the buffalo if a ranger was around.

7. Ten said:

Even small dogs can fatally scare buffalo. Careful with that helicopter.

8. Ed said:

Anyone know where the the hiking trail shown at 2:08 is? Also, where the shot outdoor shot was taken?

9. Jonathan said:

Very cool. Agreed on the buffalo– as a human, I would be freaked out myself if I had a helicopter buzzing me– Distracting from the video itself.

It would be cool as a watcher if i could get myself oriented related to the neighborhood would make this even cooler.

10. Savage said:

I just saw this video on my friend’s fb and I think its AWESOME! Its the city back in 1955, and there are plenty of RIchmond footage on it.

11. Ben in SF said:

On the whole, very cool. Ditto on the buffalo (I have to confess, I don’t think I’ve ever seen any of the bison out in the open, not to mention moving).

The trail at 2:08 is just west of Panoramic Hwy about half a mile south of Mountain Home. The Panoramic Trail runs parallel to the road; the trail joining from below with all the wooden railings is the Ocean View Trail, which descends to Muir Woods. Cool trail (no ocean view except once you reach the Panoramic Trail).

12. Jim said:

Cool concept. I think the buffalo shots where not wise, esp. getting as close as he did. If the shot was higher up the entire time (ala GGB) that would have been better. We don’t need to stress these animals IMO.

13. Ed said:

Thanks Ben in SF! Gotta check out that trail…

14. Ocean Beach news roundup March 4 | The Ocean Beach Bulletin said:

[...] spots. Pretty cool-looking, even if the bison don’t seem to be enjoying it very much. – Richmond SF blog Tweet This Post Tagged as: news roundup, Richmond District, Richmond Station, San Francisco [...]

15. Brian C. said:

Harassing penned in animals ruined an otherwise magical video.

Shame on Robert Mcintosh to pervert and disturb the nature which he tells himself he records. He must know better.

css.php