Here are some local links to kick off your week – have a great one!
- Hip hop, break dancing and other forms or urban dance will be up for discussion in a “History of Urban Dance” event at the Richmond District Branch Library on February 5 from 4:30pm until 5:30pm. Performances by Beatz n Pieces (check out their video above), Agatron, Fluidgirl, and Too Wet.
- Stairwell’s, “a series of temporary exhibitions accompanied by short publications and off-site group excursions (Field Trips) in the San Francisco Bay Area”, is hosting a free event/exhibition at Sutro Baths on February 10 from 11am until 2pm. Space is limited so contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- Escapism: Ever feel like you could be somewhere else when you’re in the neighborhood? One local writer thinks so and wrote an article for Yahoo! about it. Check out the 5 places in the Richmond District that feel like another country.
- The best of the best to eat: Hot Sauce and Panko (Clement near 17th Ave) was voted one of the best places for chicken wings by SFWeekly, and 7×7 says Volcano Curry (Geary near 19th Ave) is among the best Japanese curry places. And San Francisco Magazine named Men Oh (5120 Geary) and Mandalay (4348 California) as two of the best places to get noodles in the city.
- 21st & Geary update: EaterSF has one of the first shots of the remodeled and soon-to-be-open restaurant at the former Video Cafe space. The place had a massive makeover and we’ve heard rumors it will be Asian cuisine.
5:04 am | Posted under Business, Events, Food | 2 comments