- Magnolias – like the one above – are in full bloom right now at the Botanical Gardens in Golden Gate Park. “Nearly 100 magnolias, many rare and historic, erupt in a fragrant riot of pink and white from mid-January through March.” Check out more pics
- Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and some shops on Clement Street are gearing up with a Valentine’s Boutique Stroll even this Saturday from 11am until 5pm. Get a free gift with purchase at Covet Boutique, save 50% at Seedstore clothing, and shop “vintage” Valentine items at Foggy Notion. Plus enjoy drinks and sweets while you shop.
- Catch a performance of Shakespeare’s “Midsummer’s Night’s Dream” this Saturday at 2pm at the Park Presidio United Methodist Church (4301 Geary Blvd @ 7th Ave), presented by the SF Shakespeare Festival On Tour. Tickets are $5 for adults, $2 for seniors, $1 for kids with proceeds benefiting PPUMC’s Arts and Activism Project, working to create a new performance venue in neighborhood.
- Got some ewaste to unload? Drive by Argonne School (680 18th Ave.) this Saturday between 10am and 1pm to safely recycle your working or non-working electronic item, appliance, or portable device that runs on electricity or batteries, and any accessory. View flyer (PDF) for all the details.
- Hiking fun: This Sunday from 1-3pm, join Jill Katz, an experienced San Francisco hiker and guide, for a six mile hike from the beach, to Sutro Baths, through a labyrinth and finally to a Tiki bar. It’s free but RSVP is required.
- Into chess? Been wanting to learn? The Richmond District branch of the SF Public Library has a free program, “Play Chess for Adults”, on Wednesday, February 13th and 27th from 1 to 2:30pm. Stop by for informal, drop-in chess. No sign-up required and chess sets are provided.
5:13 am | Posted under Events, Golden Gate Park, Green | 1 comment