This Saturday, the Richmond Recreation Center (251 18th Avenue) will host the annual Richmond Community Health Festival.
Every year, the festival brings local health services, practitioners and cultural groups to the neighborhood for a free informational event.
Saturday’s event runs from 10am until 2pm and includes:
– LION DANCE kickoff at 10:30AM
– Blood pressure, glucose, medication education
– Flouride varnish from UCSF
– Giveaways, including water bottles
– Family friendly activities, face painting for children
– Tai Chi and Fall Prevention Demonstrations
– Traditional Russian Dancing and Singing Performances
Joining this year’s festival are The Department of Public Health, Chinese Community Health Plan, SFPUC, On Lok Lifeways, Richmond District YMCA, North East Medical Services, Project Open Hand and UCSF Dental School.
The festival is co-hosted by Assemblymember Phil Ting, Kaiser Permanente, Richmond Area Multi-Services, Inc. (RAMS), Compassionate Community Care, and Self-Help for the Elderly.