It’s nearly the weekend, Richmond District! Here are some local links to keep you informed.
- The crosswalk at 3rd Avenue and Clement is sporting a new look – faux brick. This is presumably a new eye-catcher to help with pedestrian safety, though we haven’t confirmed with the SFMTA. Meh, we think the rainbow crosswalk in the Castro is way cooler.
- Registration is now open for the Richmond District Jog in the Fog 5k presented by Kaiser Permanente, taking place on Sunday, September 11th. A fun event where you’ll get some exercise, enjoy great views, and support your local YMCA. Plus kids 12 & under are free.
- The waning gas station at 4th and California may be on its way out. Socketsite reports that developers want to turn the 4135 California Street property into a four-story building with seven three-bedroom condos and a ground-floor garage for seven cars (the entrance to which would be by way of Cornwall Street).
- Special thanks for the ongoing efforts of the Surfrider Foundation who host an Ocean Beach volunteer cleanup several times a month. The Chron did a nice piece profiling their efforts which account for 3,000 pounds of garbage and 15,000 cigarette butts being cleared from San Francisco beaches this year.
- If you can look up from your Pokemon Go game for a bit, you might want to switch gears to the Ultimate Golden Gate Park Scavenger Hunt from 7×7. A nice way to get some exercise and check out hidden spots in the park.
- Clement Street’s Heartbaker was featured on the KQED foodie show “Check, Please!”. Watch their episode below: