A rendering of how the Conservatory of Flowers will be lit up starting June 21 to celebration the Summer of Love. Credit: Obscura Digital
- It’s been confirmed that starting June 21, the Conservatory of Flowers in Golden Gate Parl will be lit up each night as part of the celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the Summer of Love in San Francisco. Get ready for a nightly spectacle of spinning flower mandalas, animated butterflies, and more from the lighting design team Obscura Digital. The light show will be on each night through October 21st.
- Scarlet Lounge opened up at 408 Clement recently. Owners Michael LaFortune, Joanne Traynor, and Oliver Pender told Hoodline they’re going for a neighborhood vibe and come June, will debut a cocktail menu “with a focus on unusual bourbons and tequilas”.
- Registration for the 5th annual Richmond District Jog in the Fog 5k is now open. The race takes place on Sunday, September 10th and is free for kids 12 & under. Proceeds support the Richmond District YMCA, so come out for a fun run or walk, and support your ‘hood!
- Nourish Cafe, the plant-based cafe on 6th Avenue near California, recently opened their second location in Nob Hill at 1030 Hyde near California. The new, larger location features the same delicious menu, plus espresso drinks (Blue Matcha Latte, anyone?) more baked goods and an expanded catering menu that features healthy snacks and breakfast options.
- On Wednesday, May 31 at 6pm, the Richmond District Neighborhood Center (741 30th Avenue) and SF SAFE will host “Open for Business”, a meeting for local merchants focused on crime prevention, personal safety and neighborhood watch groups. Attendance is free.