Friday is the start of the 17th annual Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival, a 3 day, free music festival that takes place in Golden Gate Park’s Hellman Hollow (formerly Speedway Meadows), Lindley & Marx meadows (11am-7pm each day).
Noteworthy performers, who will appear on 7 different stages, include T Bone Burnett, local favorite Chuck Prophet, Henry Rollins, Ozomatli, John Prine, Emmylou Harris, Lucinda Williams, Cheap Trick, plus Shelby Lynne & Allison Moorer. View the full schedule
On Saturday and Sunday, there is also a Silent Disco area where attendees are given a pair of wireless headphones to listen to performing DJ’s.
The event offers a mobile app for iPhone and Android as well.
There will be street closures inside Golden Gate Park leading up the event and afterwards during cleanup. See the map below or the event’s website for more information.
As in years past, schools will open their lots for event parking fundraisers. Below is the list of parking locations that have opened in past years with notations of ones we have confirmed for 2017:
- George Washington High School – 600 32nd Ave.
- CONFIRMED: Argonne Elementary – 680 18th Ave. Open Sat & Sun 10am-8pm $30
- Lafayette (Sat & Sun ONLY) – 4545 Anza Street @ 36th Avenue [enter on 36th between Anza and Balboa]
- Jefferson Elementary School (Sat & Sun ONLY) – 1725 Irving St. [Enter on 18th Ave. between Irving and Judah]
- CONFIRMED: Lawton Alternative School – 1570 31st Ave. Open Sat & Sun 10am-8pm. $20 cash only
If you can’t make it to Golden Gate Park, check out the festival website each day for webcasts (not all acts, but some!).
If you live in the neighborhood and experience any issues due to the festival, use the Hotline number at 415-406-9014.