Congregation Beth Sholom on 14th Avenue. Photo by CTG/SF
Here are some local links to start off your Tuesday…
- This one was backlogged in our local links file but it’s a good one! CurbedSF mapped out the 25 best secrets of Golden Gate Park. Our park-loving readers may already know all of them but you might find a surprise or two in there you want to check out…
- The Mysterious Rack used clothing store at 12 Clement Street is kicking off weekly sewing and knitting classes, starting this week. Sewing classes are on Wednesdays from 7pm to 9pm, and knitting classes are on Sunday from 1pm to 3pm. Class size is limited to 4 people, and costs $45 per person (buy 2 or more and you get $5 off per class). You can start up anytime as there are beginning projects every class. Classes start this Wednesday and continue through December. For more info and to sign up, email email@example.com.
- The Tidy Shoppe (4050 Geary), a salon offering waxing, bronzing and more, is celebrating its first anniversary with a party this Saturday from 6pm until 11pm. Stop by for their signature popcorn bar and live music in the backyard featuring Tidy Shoppe’s fiddle maven, and acoustic guitar heroes. “We could not have done this without our loyal; clients family and friends,” said owner Tricia Gillespie.
- The Shan Yee Poon dance school at 403 Arguello is hosting their first open house this Saturday from 12noon until 8pm. Stop by the watch dance performances by students in their ballet, jazz, hip-hop and ballroom classes. Or put on your own dancing shoes and try one of the free sample classes offered throughout the day. Full schedule is posted here plus face-painting, drinks and food.
- One blogger took a closer look at the new mural that was painted on the side of the Grocery Outlet on 28th Avenue at Geary. The mural, painted by artist Bryana Fleming, contains scenes and landmarks of the Richmond District including The Cliff House, the Alexandria Theater and more.